You know massage feels good.... but did you know....
- Massage strengthens the immune system
- Massage aids in correcting postural distortions
- Massage improves circulation
- Massage enhances filtration and elimination of carbon dioxide
- Massage reduces feelings of stress and anxiety
- Massage reduces aches and pains
By definition, massage therapy is the systematic, therapeutic manipulation of the body's soft tissues. Massage therapists manipulate the soft tissue using their hand, foot, arm or elbow.
The primary purpose of massage is that it physically increases cell metabolism, hastens healing, increases range of motion and relieves pain.
Massage therapy plays a vital role in The Balanced Body Center's combined approach to rehabilitation and living a healthy life. Massage, combined with chiropractic care and physical therapy, work together to re-establish mobility and proper alignment of your joints, giving you balance within your body, and it allows you to return to pain-free movement and optimal health. Hence, our name, "The Balanced Body Center".